The first thing I noticed when I landed in Seattle was all this weird, white, fluffy stuff that looks sort of like cotton:
Arghhhh it's everywhere!
An early version of my desk (it's much messier now):
From left to right: Justin's legs (he's wearing swim trunks because they went canoeing earlier in the day), Christina (my mentor), Adrian (my manager)
The glass bottle on the table is the Hefeweizen, and in the keg is the stout.
Something funny here. Probably.
Brian, the brewer of the beer, explaining the Ballmer Peak:
Juggling shenanigans:
Organ donor rates of European countries. The story goes something like this (continued after the picture):
In Europe, there are lots of counties with a very low organ donor rate (10-20%) and a very high organ donor rate (70-90%), but very few countries in between. Researchers had been trying to figure out what it was that made countries gravitate toward either very low or very high rates, analyzing culture and language and whatever else they could think of. It turns out that the low countries, in their organ donor form, say "Check this box if you'd like to donate your organs", whereas the high countries have forms that say "Check this box if you would not like to donate your organs."
That's about it for old news. Today after work there was intern game night, which was just a bunch of people playing Wii and Xbox games and eating pizza. It's scheduled for every Monday, and I heard an intern say "man this is the best internship ever." Although I don't have much basis for comparison, I'd have to say it's pretty good so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment