Sunday, July 5, 2009

San Juan Islands

This weekend marks my first real vacation. I've been on vacation before, but this time we planned it, we paid for it, etc. One step closer to real life... but it was pretty awesome.

...EXCEPT I FORGOT TO BRING MY CAMERA BECAUSE I'M A GRADE A DUMBASS

So you'll have to take my word for it that it was incredible. We ate delicious seafood; drove scooters across the island (the feeling it gives you is a mix of HOLY SHIT I'M GOING TO DIE and HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME); took a 3 hour kayak tour and saw seals and a whale and Canada (in the far distance) and all sorts of birds; stopped by an alpaca farm (where I bought this sweet alpaca wool, indie-ugly beanie); sailed on a ferry and quietly sang "On a Boat" to myself; and collectively dealt with my roommate's snoring (Benson, if you're reading this, we love you!).

It was our time, not our parents', and it was strangely comfortable. Maybe a little too comfortable. I'm liking Seattle a little bit more than I'm comfortable with. Apparently when I was drunk on Thursday (which is what I did instead of going climbing), I talked about how I liked Seattle more than San Francisco. Am I equipped to make these kinds of decisions? I can't even decide on the design direction for my spec, much less my own life.

I guess you have to do what feels right... I think it's all you can really expect of yourself.

Unfortunately I'm at work right now, so it's not all fun and games. But then again if I'm on Gtalk/Facebook/Blogger during work, I suppose it can't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment